Important Note about Review Process:
Papers will be reviewed using a double blind review process. After being reviewed, papers may receive an Accept, Reject, or Revise–and–Resubmit. See below for further clarification.
The review process for CEC 2023 will be double-blind, i.e. reviewers will not know the authors’ identity (and vice versa). Authors should ensure their anonymity in the submitted papers. In brief:
- authors’ names should not be included in the submitted pdf;
- please refer to your prior work in the third person wherever possible;
- a reviewer may be able to deduce the authors’ identities by using external resources, such as technical reports published on the web. The availability of information on the web that may allow reviewers to infer the authors’ identities does not constitute a breach of the double-blind submission policy.
Note that anonymizing your paper is mandatory, and papers that explicitly or implicitly reveal the authors’ identities may be rejected.
Five reviewers have been selected for each papers and at least three reviewers will be required to provide their comments and suggestions before we can move along with their recommendations regarding acceptance/rejection. The Technical Chairs and Program Chairs will then make a final recommendation as: Accept; Reject; or Revise-and-Resubmit. All papers accepted will be published in the proceedings (conditioned upon registration by one author as IEEE member or non-IEEE member — see Registration for details). Authors will not be allowed to appeal if their papers are rejected. However, if a paper is assigned Revise-and-Resubmit, authors will be given a VERY short period of time (see Important Dates) to make all corrections as suggested by reviewers or rebut their comments. In either case, after that period, reviewers, technical chairs, and program chairs will re-evaluate the submission for compliance with the comments and make their final decision for acceptance or rejection.
Please read the following paper submission guidelines before submitting your papers:
- Each paper should not reveal author’s identities (see double-blind review process above).
- Papers will be checked for plagiarism. The Program Committee reserves the right to desk-reject a paper if it contains elements that are suspected to be plagiarized.
- Submissions should be original and not currently under review at another venue.
- Each paper is limited to 8 pages, including figures, tables, and references. A maximum of two extra pages per paper is allowed (i.e, up to 10 pages), at an additional charge of US$130 per extra page.
- All papers must be submitted through the IEEE CEC 2023 online submission system. For special session papers, please select the respective special session title under the list of research topics in the submission system.
- In order for your papers to be included in the program and in the proceedings, final accepted papers must be submitted, and the corresponding registration fees must be paid by the deadline posted in Important Dates (11:59 PM Anywhere on Earth).
- IEEE CEC 2023 will present the Best Overall Paper Awards and the Best Student Paper Awards to recognize outstanding papers published in each of the conference proceedings. The awards will be judged by an Awards Committee and the recipient of each award will be given a certificate of the award.
- It is the policy of CEC 2023 that new authors cannot be added at the time of submitting final camera ready papers. Please ensure that you are following this guideline to avoid any issues with publication.
If you encounter any problems with the submission of your papers, please contact the conference chair.
Paper submission system
CEC 2023 adopts Microsoft CMT as submission system, available ath the following link: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/IEEECEC2023/
You can find detailed instructions on how to submit your paper here.
LaTeX and Word Templates
To help ensure correct formatting, please use the IEEE style files for conference proceedings as a template for your submission. These include LaTeX and Word style files.
In order to implement the double-blind policy, please use the following author statement in the latex file:
If you use Word, just use “Anonymous Authors” as authors’ names.
Violations of any paper specification may result in rejection of your paper.
Manuscript Style Information
- Only papers in PDF format will be accepted.
- Paper Size: Letter (8 1/2 x 11in).
- Paper Length: Each paper should have 6 to MAXIMUM 8 pages, including figures, tables and references. A maximum of two extra pages per paper is allowed (i. e., up to 10 pages), at an additional charge of US130 per extra page.
- Paper Formatting: double column, single spaced, #10 point Times Roman font. Please make sure to use the official IEEE style files provided above.
- No page numbers please. We will insert the page numbers for you.
Note: Violations of any of the above specifications may result in rejection of your paper.